Wednesday 24 November 2021

QUIZ ON 'WH' QUESTIONS

 

WH Question Words Quiz

Top of Form

1. Which question word is used for asking about time?

Where
 when
 how

2. Choose the correct question word: "I can't find my glasses. _______ are they?"

 What
 How
 Where

3. "I wasn't listening. _______ did she say?"

 How
 What
 Why

4. "Why did they go there?" means the same as "What did they go there _______?"

 for
 with
 to

5. I pointed at the phone I wanted to buy and said, "_______ is that one?"

 How many
 How much
 What cost

6. After they'd checked the cinema listings, Mario said, " _______ one do you want to see?"

 How
 What
 Which

 

7. To find out the reason for something, we usually ask a question that begins with

 How
 What
 Why

8. Jenny made a suggestion. She said, "_______ we go for a walk?"

 Why didn't
 Why don't
 Why do

9. There was a phone on the floor, so I picked it up and said, "_______ phone is this?"

 Whose
 Whom
 Who

10. "How come?" is a more informal way of saying

 Why?
 What?
 Which?

Bottom of Form

 

No comments:

Post a Comment